canary islanders road trip san antonio

A Weekend In San Antonio

7:25 AMUnknown



A trip to San Antonio has been overdue for quite a while now.... so we finally made it down a few weeks ago! It was such a blast. We caught the last weekend of the annual Fiesta celebration. My aunt whom I adore, moved down there a few years ago so it was awesome to see her and her husband. They took us to some amazing legit Mexican food places. I think eating was one of my favorite parts of the weekend!

Finally seeing the beautiful buildings like the Alamo, the Cathedral of San Fernando, Mission San Juan, Mission San Jose, Mission Espada and Mission Concepcion was a very fulfilling thing for me considering my own ancestry and ancestors involvement in the founding of San Antonio. (That's another story though.)

Apparently it was more humid than I thought because 99% of my photos ended up being oddly blurry and I didn't notice while I was out shooting. I was super bummer when I started going through the photos :-(

We stopped in at Inner Space Caverns on the way home and drove through Austin. I wish we'd had more time but it was fun nonetheless. We're planning on going back in October for the annual Peanut Festival in my mom's hometown of Floresville so I'm really excited about that! This was the first little trip I've had since Galveston last summer and New Orleans a few years ago. I need to travel more! It feeds the soul! Anyhoo.... back to finals week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form