life

Waking Up Perfectly

9:42 AMUnknown



(Unfortunately this is not a "How To Post". If someone discovers that secret please feel free to let me in lol)

This morning, I woke up perfectly. It was the kind of morning where the room is quiet and you are aware of everything but you're eyes are not open. I remember reaching over and simply grabbing my sweet man's hand and feeling him squeeze it tight. That was a true moment of happiness. ( I don't speak much about my personal relationships here, but he's truly a keeper. )

And then of course reality set in and we both had to actually get out of bed and start the day. But that simple gesture, in such an unguarded, unconscious and purely raw moment in time was enough to help me to feel as though I can conquer today.

Life has been slow lately. Last weekend was my first real weekend of actually getting to sleep in and do whatever the hay I wanted to. It's been nice to stop, slow down, breathe and enjoy the little things in life. I'm finally starting to feel very refreshed.

I'm reevaluating my focuses and prioritizing where the rest of this year is going to take me. I'm planning to put more effort into growing my little spot here in the blog world, traveling with my shop and doing only work that makes me truly happy. These days that's been a lot of photographing and drawing.

What are the little things in life that can completely change your day?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form