cactus featured gardening

Xeriscpaing Gardening Inspiration

9:45 AMUnknown


Ever since we first moved into our house I've been puzzled with what to do for landscaping in our front yard. We live on a corner lot on a very, very, very (did I say very?) busy street. I do not possess the green thumb gene at all. Every plant I've ever had has died, apart from my cactus. I need low maintenance and commitment lol! So when I started thinking about something that would be easy to take care of, but be quirky enough to fulfill my need to be unique and visually appealing I came across all of this dreamy xeriscaping inspiration! And I'm so in love.



 According to the all knowing wikipedia: Xeriscaping (often incorrectly spelled zero-scaping or xeroscaping) is landscaping and gardening that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental water from irrigation.


I still have plans to finish my backyard "secret garden" but for our front yard, where we don't spend a lot of time, this is perfect! Its visually appealing from the street and easy for me to take care of. This style goes very good with the "mid century modern" vibe I want to execute. The fact that it requires very little to none watering is a huge plus. Its pretty, easy and good for the environment! Win!

image sources



 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form