back to school goals happy

Kicking (BAD) Summer Habits

10:22 AMUnknown




If you have a kid going back to school than you know that those couple weeks or week before school you realize all the habits you've picked up over summer like staying up late, sleeping in, skipping breakfast, eating dinner late or even the scarier ones like not brushing your teeth until 1 PM. I can't tell you how many times we've be walking out there door around lunch time and my 6 year old will say "Mom I haven't brushed my teeth yet!"  We've been BAD. I hope I'm not the only one.

I've realized that there are several happy and healthy habits I want to pick up starting this new school year.

1. Getting up early.  


I am very bad about snoozing until the very last minute. In turn we do not get a good breakfast and we're all stressed and rushing around to leave. This is no way to start the day off! I want to wake early enough to have time to get ready, have a cup of coffee and breakfast together. To start the day off excited and ready to kick its butt. Maybe even get a 30 minute run in before everyone wakes up.

2. Preparing lunches (and dinners) ahead of time.  

It's been far too easy to swing by the fast food place or gas station and grab something unhealthy simply because its convenient. Our bodies and wallet will be much happier if we can throw that habit out the window. I have all kinds of great lunch ideas for my son and I lined up.

3. Going to bed early. 


My son is usually in bed by 10 or 11 during the summer so we'll have to get in the habit of him going to bed early.  He's almost as crabby as I am in the mornings if he hasn't slept enough.  As a creative/night owl type, it's really tough for me to get to bed before midnight. I'm usually most productive in the wee hours of the night or at least binge watching a tv series late into the night. I'm not 16 anymore, this is not okay haha.

4. Being Healthy & Happy

A huge focus for myself and my family these days is trying to get healthy. While my son can snack on fruits and vegetables all day, I'm very picky in that department. It's a texture thing. I want for us to be more active and eat healthier. My boyfriend plays soccer twice a week and I was doing very well while I was playing soccer this summer but there just aren't enough hours in the day now to stick with that for the upcoming season. Conrad however has decided he wants to start doing karate of some sort. I think if we can at least find something active that we enjoy doing we'll be ok.  It's too easy these days to plunk down on the couch after working 8-5 in the office and at the shop until 7 or 8 at night.


All of this will hopefully lead to a life that is much more simple, happier, healthier, and less stressful.

Do you have any bad summer habits or just habits in general that you feel like getting rid of? How have to managed to tackle yours in the past? Share share share!

Much love!
Kat

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form