anne rice books new orleans

Anne Rice Reading list

10:48 AMUnknown



 It's no secret that reading Anne Rice novels were part of what started my obsession with going to New Orleans. Since I've been rereading a few of those books before my trip, I thought I'd share my favorites.  If you've never read any of her novels I definitely suggest her most popular series the Vampire Chronicles.  My favorites are the The Vampire Lestat , Interview With The Vampire (which you're probably familiar with) and Tale of The Body Thief.  Now before you say "Oh gosh another lame vampire book/series/etc", these books came out long before the Twilight craze and are what vampires should be lol. Anne's writing style is incredibly detailed and believable so much that you get lost. 

I'm also a big fan of most of her other books, in particular ,  Angel Time, Exit To Eden and The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. (The last two are under the pen name Anne Ramplin or Roquelaure. They're a bit risque. You've been warned.) I haven't read any of the Mayfair Witches series or her newest series Wolf Gift but if you have let me know what you think of them! They are of course all on kindle as well, but sometimes its good to crack open a good ol paper book. =)

I'm also a big fan of almost any tv show or movie set in New Orleans. I'll watch just for the scenery or a look at the streets or architecture.  True Blood, True Detective and even the shows a on the cornier side like The Originals. I also REALLY enjoyed last season of American Horror Story being set in New Orleans. 

What do you like to read? I'm in need of a few good books!

Kat
1.
2.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form