blog blogging challenge

The Feel Good Blogging Challenge - Challenge 1: Who Am I?

12:20 PMUnknown



I've done a lot of soul searching lately about who I am as a blogger and what I'm putting out into the world. Being genuine and writing great content are the most important things about blogging and I feel like I've been lacking in that, and maybe I've never really known how to put myself out there correctly. Either way, I decided to take part in Alex Beadon's Feel Good Blogging Challenge. The goal is to find your blogging self and writing great content.It just started so there's plenty of time to jump on board if you are interested in pushing yourself as a blogger and meeting fantastic people!





1. Who are you?


I'm Kat! Hi! I'm an almost 25 year old east Texas gal.  I have one awesome son named Conrad and a pretty swell boyfriend. I am a graphic & web designer and I recently opened a vintage boutique and design studio called Gypsy Beard Studio. I'm a bit of a cat lady but I also love my boston terrier Lola. When I'm not consumed with work and Netflix, I love to travel as much as possible and rummage around flea markets and antique stores.


2. Why did you start blogging?

I began blogging are a creative outlet. I've always loved inspiring blogs and wanted a place to call my own and share pretty things. I've never been much of a DIYer or fashionista but I've always appreciated pretty pictures, art, designs, fashion, colors, textures and of course cute animals. I've also never had many friends as I'm not the most social person. There were also never that many people around my age that shared my interests.  So blogging has allowed me to get out of my shell and meet like minded people, without actually dealing with the anxiety of small talk and impressions.

3. Who is your blog for?

I made it a point a long time to blog for myself, before anyone else. Originally, my blog was an inspiration board and day to day memory book of personal photos. Of course now I love to share things that I'm passionate about with others who share my tastes as well as showing my design work, photography and shop to potential customers or clients. So ideally, my "demographic" is people in their 20's and 30's who appreciate art, design, technology, fashion, travel and nerdy things.



4. What's something you've been working on lately that you are REALLY proud of?

I feel like lately all that I have done is work! Gypsy Beard Studio is my most recent accomplishment. I'm very proud to be able to say that I opened a shop on my own and am solely responsible for branding, marketing and managing it. Of course I have help a few days a week from my mom and boyfriend when I'm at my day job, but for the most part it is all my creation and sometimes burden. It's a lot of hard work and it is still very exhausting but it is slowly but surely paying off. 

I love meeting the people who come in my store, and even better when they truly appreciate what I am trying to accomplish. It's awesome to have created a space that others love and to make connections with people I wouldn't have otherwise met.


5. What's the message that you want people to take away from your blog?

I want people to be inspired and motivated when they leave my blog. Whether they learn something about starting a business or just get excited about my most recent photo shoot, I want them to find something that makes them want to get out and explore their world and make something beautiful.

I hope you enjoyed this and learned a little about me. I definitely can feel myself learning more about my blogging style and goals already.  If you decided to join in leave your blog link below in the comments!

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form