bellbottoms denim featured

Vintage Hacks - Styling High Waist Jeans & Bell Bottoms

9:07 AMUnknown




Welcome to part 3 of my Vintage Hacks feature!

In my limited vintage adventures, great vintage jeans and bell bottoms just aren't that easy to find. Maybe it's my location or maybe it's such that they didn't survive the test of time like dresses did. But when you do find a great pair of flared high waist jeans, they are a wonderful thing to behold! Not only is the high waist flattering, it's also back in style today. For those of us shorties, the high waist makes us appear taller and makes the legs appear longer. The flared leg is also still a popular look today. Here is how I love to incorporate vintage jeans into every day looks:




Whether you are a boho goddess or a sophisticated business lady, these jeans can work for everyone. For a casual free spirited look pair these with a cropped halter top or loose fitting peasant style blouse. Or throw on a classic rock tee. Add some sandals and a floral crown and you're good to go for any music festival or day out exploring the town.

For a more "office casual" look, pair with a chic, fitted blouse and a pair of heels.


One thing I recommend when wearing or picking out vintage jeans is to stay away from jeans that don't have back pockets or something that breaks up ALL THAT SPACE on your hiney.  Unless you are a supermodel, jeans without back pockets are not always the most flattering and often give off the "granny butt" or "mom jeans" look.

In case you missed the past posts you can check them out here:
Vintage Hacks: Styling Vintage Dresses
Vintage Hacks: 4 Ways To Style A Scarf

Thanks for reading!



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You'll likely never see high waisted jeans on me... I don't have the body for it. But I am seriously digging that fringed halter-crop top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! My comments have been funky since I switched to a new template last week! I'm finally getting it worked out lol

      I honestly never would've considered wearing high waist jeans either, but now its ALL I wear lol. Target has great affordable high waist jeans. I have about 4 pairs of them. I'm plus size, short and have a ghetto booty (lol) and they really slim me and make my legs look longer, which I need! lol

      I've found that I really HATE the low cut jeans or even the regular ones. They're not doing anyone any favors. lol

      Do you ever wear high waist skirts Jennifer? They are my best friend for all the same reasons.

      Delete
  2. You'll likely never see high waisted jeans on me... I don't have the body for it. But I am seriously digging that fringed halter-crop top!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form