dallas fashion featured

Beauty Shop Fort Worth Texas Photo Shoot - Behind The Scenes At A Vintage Styled Photo Shoot

8:01 AMUnknown



This past weekend I had the pleasure of styling a shoot for the awesome guys at Beauty Shop in Fort Worth, Texas. If you are local to the area and want a unique place to get a cut or color, this is your place. It ain't yo momma's hair salon. (Though they'd do a great job on her!)

The decor was grunge meets glamour.  With glitter covered sidewalks and concrete floors to statues a bit reminiscent of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house, I could've easily seen Lady Gaga herself getting a red carpet worthy do did up here.  Once I saw owner Anthony working his magic on the models, it was even easier to imagine.  Watching him work her hair was truly like watching an artist paint a masterpiece or Stravinsky play the piano.





Rachael (a lovely friend of mine) and Charity both worked their magic in hair and makeup and together we all worked at getting wardrobe right for the shoot from my shop. We wound up going with a few funky looks that really worked well with the amazing hair and makeup.  How great are those two dresses? I hadn't seen the black dress on a model until the shoot and I feel in love with the dress all over again. They'll be in my shop soon! The blue & red western shirts already are. And you can buy the leather fringe jacket here. I can't wait to see the final photos from the shoot! I'll be sure to share them when I do!




You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Looks awesome! Great styling and great concept. Thanks for sharing!

    x,
    Esther
    http://blog.cuteheads.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool place! Your pictures came out great! I live pretty close to Ft Worth yet I never venture over that way. Perhaps I need to! Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie! I honestly don't ever either because its so far out for me, but it was a pretty neat neighborhood. I heard that Ft.Worth is becoming more and more hip every year though.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of behind the scenes peeks. Thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! What a fun opportunity for you. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Tweets

Contact Form